DEPUTY AGENT - WANDSWORTH & WIMBLEDON CONSERVATIVES
The Wandsworth & Wimbledon Conservative Group is seeking to recruit a talented and highly motivated individual for the position of Deputy Agent. This is a key position ahead of the 2020 Mayoral and London Assembly Elections and the 2022 Local Elections.
The Deputy Agent will report to the Group Agent and form part of a small professional team who work across five constituencies, supporting both the Merton and Wandsworth Council Groups and Stephen Hammond MP (Wimbledon).
The role has a specific focus on the conception, creation and production of political campaigning material and content for use across a wide array of digital and non-digital platforms.
Core duties will include:
- Working with the agent, candidates and volunteers to help formulate, lead and implement winning political campaigns.
- Coordinate, design and produce high quality print literature, including managing suppliers and distribution.
- Coordinate, design and produce high quality bespoke digital content that can be utilised across a variety of online platforms and social media.
- Update websites, author emails for mass distribution and post content online so as to maintain a persistent presence across all of the Groups Digital and Social Media platforms.
- Champion Digital Best Practice, providing advice, guidance and training to volunteers.
- Work with the Group Agent and senior volunteers to conceive, devise and implement a Group wide digital improvement strategy in support of all Associations, both Councillor Groups and MP.
- Liaise with the Member of Parliament, Council Group Leaders and voluntary party officials.
- Organise and participate in political meetings and events as required.
- Deputise for the Group Agent and act as an election agent when required.
- Assist with membership and fund-raising activities.
- Any other tasks as directed by the Agent that support Wandsworth & Wimbledon Conservatives in furthering the aims of the Conservative Party
Working hours will be varied and flexible, and include evenings and weekends, given the nature of political campaigning, availability of MPs, candidates and volunteers.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Previous (3+ years) and varied campaign experience in a political environment, preferably for the Conservative Party.
- Excellent planning, organisation and time management skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A proven and developed skill set in the design and production of print literature.
- A proven and developed skill set in the design and production of digital content.
- An ability to run Facebook Advertising and other promotions of online content.
- Good interpersonal skills to be able to work with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Leadership and Supervisory skills.
- Good IT skills - experience of VoteSource and software design programmes, ideally Adobe InDesign, essential.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date: Noon on Monday 10th Feb 2020
Interviews are likely to take place at some point w/c 17th February 2020 with a view to the successful applicant starting soon after. The interview panel will comprise the Wandsworth & Wimbledon Group Chairman, senior volunteers and the Group Agent. A full induction package will be offered.
Salary: Salary Range: £26,000-32,000 dependent on experience and skills
The role is based at the Wandsworth & Wimbledon Conservative Group office in Earlsfield.
On the job professional development and training courses maybe offered.