Introducing John Locker, our Thamesfield Council candidate
Following the sad death of Cllr Jim Maddan OBE there will be a by-election in Thamesfield ward on Thursday 9th November. John Locker (pictured) will be campaigning to carry on Jim’s hard work for local residents.
John Locker has lived in Wandsworth for 17 years since settling in London after University. John has a successful career in Telecoms and works with industry bodies including Ofcom, making sure consumers get the best possible choice and deals.
John is passionate about serving the community and volunteers for several local charities and organisations. He has been a school governor at a local primary school for the last 14 years.
John already has 4 years’ experience as a borough Councillor in Wandsworth. As chair of the Borough’s Transport and Strategic Planning Committee he has led on a number of key areas including:
• Introduction of 20mph on residential streets
• Pub protection
• High Street regeneration
• Lobbying for public transport improvements for Wandsworth, and
• Promoting better provision for pedestrians and cyclists as the Council’s Active Travel Champion
John says, “As a colleague and friend of Jim Maddan I know what a great champion he was for everyone in Thamesfield no matter what their political affiliation. It would be an honour to have the opportunity to continue his work and represent this wonderful community.”
John will be campaigning to:
· Improve Public Transport – lobbying for a new entrance to Putney station at Oxford Road, changing the route of the 485 bus with a new stop at the Wandsworth Riverside Quarter.
· Putney High Street –working with the local Councillors to improve the High Street so that it is more attractive to pedestrians with less pollution and congestion.
· Putney Embankment & Bridge – plans to improve the Embankment once the Thames Tunnel work has completed. New lighting to illuminate the bridge at night.
To find out more about John's campaign please visit www.Thamesfield.com